Manager Curriculum Advisors
Western Sydney University
Conference Day One: Tuesday, 17th October 2017
Tuesday, October 17th, 2017
5:00 PM Curriculum Mapping Tool: A Tool to Support Strategic and Cultural Change in Higher Education
The Western Sydney University Curriculum Mapping Tool (CMT) was developed to enable the production of visual and summary data of academic programs to allow the institution to which could:
(1) Demonstrate the full alignment of course and unit learning outcomes and assessment across and within segments of a course to assist in the scaffolding of student learning; and
(2) Explicitly integrate the embedding of generic skills and higher order attributes articulated through the university’s graduate attributes.
(3) Allows for the mapping of Professional Standards (i.e. the requirements of Professional Accreditation bodies) across the curriculum to facilitate the development of documentation required for professional accreditation.
This tool is currently being used by the institution to provide a high level of transparency and quality assurance to its programs that in the past could only be dreamed of.
This session will cover:
- Discuss the development and implementation of the CMT
- Showcase its attributes and functionality
- Outline future development of this tool