University of Sydney's 7 Stage Approach to Personalise Student Feedback & Measure Blended Learning Outcomes
Professor Abelardo Pardo, Senior Lecturer at University of Sydney, recently shared exclusive insight in this interactive infographic on how his team has set out to pursue several new initiatives to support student learning outcomes, based on the results of the dashboard trial. This infographic breaks down the seven stages that enabled personalised feedback institution-wide and explores:
- Addressing lessons learned from trialling dashboards.
- Scaling personalised messages that focus on students' approaches to learning.
- Using satisfaction surveys to collect valuable insights.
- Factoring in midterm exam scores to measure effectiveness of personalised messages.
- Government partnerships.
- Building a platform to provide personalised student messages at scale and enable widespread adoption.
- Establishing alignment between academics, data management teams, tech support and leadership teams.
In this article, Susie MacFarlane, Senior Facilitator, Teaching Excellence and Innovation, shares insight into her team’s efforts to enable a blended learning environment for students at the School of Exercise & Nutrition, Deakin University.